Welcome Home

res·o·nance - noun
"Electricity- that condition of a circuit with respect to a given frequency or the like in which the net reactance is zero and the current flow a maximum." This definition of resonance as electricity is a great scientific way of the truth - we are all energy. What frequency do you choose to resonate at?

This blog is the beginning of The Resonant Man Project - a journey of discovery into what makes for an awake, aware and alive mature man. The entries will draw from many sources. The focus is global.

I request the following of You:
#1. Subscribe to this blog and invite others to join
#2. Comment often - all perspectives are welcome.
#3. Voice your opinion in our poll - it will change often

Remember: to shine your brilliant light on all you are being, doing and having. You choose your destiny with every breath.

Friday, September 19, 2008

The Last Lecture

By now, most of American has heard the story of Randy Pausch - the Professor who gave his Last Lecture in preparation for the end of this life. Click on the picture to watch him on Oprah or go directly to You Tube and watch the full lecture that has been viewed by over 9 million people.
Randy is 100% a Resonant Man and then some. Randy passed away in July 2008.
...
The reason I cover him today is to evoke in all of us - imagine if we lived with a clear vision of "I am about to die"? I know that if I reminded myself that question every time I'm about to lash out at someone (externally or internally), or every time I compare, complain, criticize or condemn someone or myself. Imagine if I keep that thought in front of my mind every time I think "oh I can do that later" or "I can talk to/tell that person I love them" later - and live with the regret.
...
What I loved about Randy is his complete "beingness" - he was totally open with the world that the lessons he learnt in life were not some new thought stuff about - finding your purpose, living by values etc. He just did it - he resonated at such a high frequency all the time that he didn't need to second guess himself - and when he did, he moved on rather than wallowing in it.
Today, I encourage us all to live as if we are going to die right now. What would I do differently if I had that reality in front of me? Hopefully, the thoughts are not of fear but of compassion and unconditionally knowing that I am one with my source. That I gave this life all I had - lived full out with no regrets. That I was not perfect but I continuously took stock of where I was and course-corrected/made amends. That I forgave myself and others. That I had a blast playing and dancing with this act in the play of my eternal soul.
...
I hope I can dance and rejoice in this exercise for the rest of my life. What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment