Welcome Home

res·o·nance - noun
"Electricity- that condition of a circuit with respect to a given frequency or the like in which the net reactance is zero and the current flow a maximum." This definition of resonance as electricity is a great scientific way of the truth - we are all energy. What frequency do you choose to resonate at?

This blog is the beginning of The Resonant Man Project - a journey of discovery into what makes for an awake, aware and alive mature man. The entries will draw from many sources. The focus is global.

I request the following of You:
#1. Subscribe to this blog and invite others to join
#2. Comment often - all perspectives are welcome.
#3. Voice your opinion in our poll - it will change often

Remember: to shine your brilliant light on all you are being, doing and having. You choose your destiny with every breath.

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Believe

be⋅lieve - verb, 1.to have confidence in the truth, the existence, or the reliability of something, although without absolute proof that one is right in doing so: Only if one believes in something can one act purposefully. Lately, I've been intrigued by this very important concept - that last bit in the definition of the word above "only if I believe in something can I act purposefully." Powerful stuff and I believe very true. The Secret proposes the formula: ask --> believe --> receive. Dale Carnegie and Nepolean Hill had this down in the mid-1930's as: conceive --> believe --> achieve. Bottom-line: I have to believe in what I'm being and doing in order to have what I want. It all starts with how I am being and that being state starts at my sub-conscious level. I used to be great at putting on a happy "nice guy" face all the time. Inside I had sadness and regret and anger. I am getting better at surfacing those emotions so I can see them and choose to do as I decide with them. The faster I can see that most things appear a certain way to me vs. you - that they are my judgements and feelings, the sooner I'm on the path to freedom. That is truly believing I am free to be, do and have what ever I put my heart and mind to. Finally, that word "purposefully" is key. When I am focused on something (good or bad) I make it so. What do you choose to focus on right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment