Welcome Home

res·o·nance - noun
"Electricity- that condition of a circuit with respect to a given frequency or the like in which the net reactance is zero and the current flow a maximum." This definition of resonance as electricity is a great scientific way of the truth - we are all energy. What frequency do you choose to resonate at?

This blog is the beginning of The Resonant Man Project - a journey of discovery into what makes for an awake, aware and alive mature man. The entries will draw from many sources. The focus is global.

I request the following of You:
#1. Subscribe to this blog and invite others to join
#2. Comment often - all perspectives are welcome.
#3. Voice your opinion in our poll - it will change often

Remember: to shine your brilliant light on all you are being, doing and having. You choose your destiny with every breath.

Friday, July 31, 2009

Chronos or Kairos - Which do you choose?

I am so grateful for having learnt of these two types of time, thanks to a leader in the ManKind Project. Here's how Wikipedia defines them: "Kairos is an ancient Greek word meaning the right or opportune moment (the supreme moment). The ancient Greeks had two words for time, chronos and kairos. While the former means chronological and sequential time, the later signifies a time in between, a moment of undetermined period of time in which something special happens. What that something special is depends on the person using the word." So think of chronos as quantitative and kairos as qualitative. There is certainly a place for both types of time and I believe the true magic (inspiration, insight and purposeful action) happens when I am open to the flow of what I am doing. I am so immersed in it that nothing else happens. Be it work I love, a person I am connecting with, a project or form of entertainment - I am fulled emersed when I am in kairos time. So if you choose - consider giving yourself permission to play with kairos time or as I like to call it "fuzzy time." A tip-of-the-hat to our ancient Greeks who articulated these words.

No comments:

Post a Comment